Friday, August 29, 2014

August Resolution Update

Since the final Friday in August is upon us, it seemed like a great time for another update on our resolution progress.  If you've been with us a while, you know we're working towards a goal of walking 1000 miles together by the end of the year. We reached the halfway point exactly halfway through the year.

This week, we haven't had too many adventures since we've been trying to get back into our school year routine, but we did manage a couple walks at the State Park after work.

Hey, aren't you supposed to be hopping away now? 
This fellow was not going to give into the border collie stare.
Duck butts always make me smile.

Going to the State Park gave us a nice trail where we could easily get in our daily 3 miles in one shot and just relax alongside Lake Erie.

Yesterday, we got a quick walk down to the park near our house--where we were surprised to see so many crunchy leaves on the ground already! Fall is in the air!


After our walk, my friend came over so we could go celebrate surviving the first week of classes with a $1.99 margarita at our favorite Mexican restaurant. Since it was still light out when dinner was over, we went back home and took Barley for a little stroll around the neighborhood--so I can feel a little less guilty about the massive plate of nachos I demolished.

Our walk last night put us at 93.55 miles for August (which I think is pretty darn good considering we went on 2 road trips and I went back to work!) and at 712.11 miles (or 71% of our goal) for the year!

According to my Garmin Dashboard, we have 124 days left (including today) to meet our goal. We've got 287.89 miles left, which means we need to get about 2.32 miles a day for the rest of the year. We're still going to shoot for 3+ a day, but it's nice to know if we can't squeeze in that many miles every day, it won't hold us back! This goal is looking more and more manageable by the day!

Happy FitDog Friday! Hope everyone else has been managing to have a Fit Week, especially those of you who have also had to go back to school!


16 comments:

  1. How cool, good luck reaching your goal!! $1.99 margarita's???? YUMM!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It finally seems doable--I was so worried at the beginning of the year when we were lucky to get 1/2 a mile in most days in January and February!

      Delete
  2. Great progress. I thik you will meet your goal easily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think so, too! I don't want to be overly optimistic, but right now it looks like we might even surpass it! It's definitely helped having the support of all of our FitDog Friday friends!

      Delete
  3. What a great goal! It would be fun to see how many miles we paw down in a year, but we have never kept track. I think you will make it and you will all be healthier because of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you gets lots of miles in every year! It sounds like y'all are always on the go :) We use a Garmin GPS watch to track all our miles--it's given me a really fantastic tan line, but it's nice to have the mileage for our walks :)

      Delete
  4. I would walk, run, skip and jump to $1.99 margaritas lol
    Great progress on your goal too, can't wait to see how many miles you get by the end of the year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. $1.99 margaritas are definitely worth walking, running, skipping, and jumping for :) And they are within walking distance of my apartment, so even better! I'm excited to see how many miles we end up with by the end of the year, too!

      Delete
  5. I think you'll make it! I keep meaning to track Mr. N but I forget.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you don't track Mr. N! I think he would put us to shame! :)

      Delete
  6. Pretty pictures. Good job at being on track to your goal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We have definitely appreciated all of the support from everyone on FitDog Fridays!

      Delete
  7. Woo! It's always nice to be ahead of the game! As much as I hate to let summer go, I love that we are getting fall!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too! I hope fall stays for a long, long time! But don't worry--if it doesn't, Mom and Dad are going to help me hang some thermal curtains so it will be nice and cozy when you arrive :)

      Delete
  8. That's amazing, Beth! I keep forgetting to turn my app on...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's been a lot of fun seeing how far we go. I have forgotten my Garmin watch many times and had to use an app on my phone as a backup!

      Delete