Monday, March 9, 2015

Barley Drew and the Case of the Solar Thief

Recently, a few things have gone missing around here and Barley is on the case. Being a herding dog, not much gets by Barley, but this thief is a sneaky one.

Yesterday, we went up to the State Park for an evening stroll to celebrate the later sunset. Barley was shocked to see that someone had stolen some of her snow!

This stuff feels weird under my feet. Who took my snow?

I hate to tell Barley this, but I'm hoping that the thief keeps the snow. That's one thing I'm not in any hurry to find.

Today, I got home from work and couldn't find Soth anywhere (but I knew nobody took him because they'd have returned him before they even got out of the apartment complex). He wasn't hiding in the closet or snuggled up in the blankets on the bed. He wasn't in any of his four cat beds or Barley's bed. He wasn't in spare room. I was starting to panic thinking that he'd somehow slipped out of the house when I left for work. 

Then I heard a jingle.




My little handsome was basking in the sunshine behind the curtains. He yawned, stretched, batted at me, and then went back to sleep.

I'm hoping our culprit sticks around for a while. Case Closed.



16 comments:

  1. You can actually see grass! I saw another ice cream truck today. They've been out since late February. Isn't it crazy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! We can't see a lot of grass and there were definitely a few drifts where we stepped off the trail and I sunk up to my knees, but there's grass!!! I can't believe the ice cream trucks are out in your neighborhood already--I don't think we'll see them for at least another two months or so.

      Delete
  2. Haha, silly Bun. Someone stole my snow, too, and I am so glad they did!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would complain if my Bunny Cat was stolen, but I'm definitely not complaining about the snow!

      Delete
  3. What a gorgeous white kitty! Tell the thief to send some of that snow our way, it's going to be 90 degrees by the end of this week in Phoenix!
    Love & Biscuits,
    Dogs Luv Us and We Luv Them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We would gladly share! There are still plenty of mountains along the sidewalks and parking lots that are several feet tall.

      Delete
  4. My mom always panics too when one of us is in hiding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was extra panicked because I had just a few minutes before I had to be back out the door and I hated the thought of leaving without knowing where he was.

      Delete
  5. Our snow was stolen, too, and I don't mind it one bit!!
    P.S. Glad you found your kitty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind one bit, either! Barley is pretty sure she wants it back--she keeps going out to the end of her leash so she can walk in the little bit of snow that's still along the roads instead of being in the squishy grass.

      Delete
  6. Somebody stole almost our whole winter, here! We've had the hottest dryest winter on record here in California. It's been crazy. Some get too much winter, and we don't get enough! That pic of your kitty is SO sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We would have gladly shared some of our winter with you! (Well, I would have--Barley might be more selfish with her snow.)

      Delete
  7. hehehe love kitty's behind curtain photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once I realized he wasn't really missing, he was too cute not to take a picture :)

      Delete
  8. Soth looks so cute peaking through the curtain! We have lost our cat Sam more than once, and to this day don't know where her hiding place was!
    Jan, Wag 'n Woof Pets

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Usually when I can't find Soth, he's sleeping peacefully on a white blanket and is well camouflaged. I've only had the curtains a few months and I usually don't close them all the way, so I didn't even think that that would be a spot he'd hide!

      Delete