Saturday, April 2, 2016

I Love You More Than Rainbows

When I adopted Soth, his paperwork put his birthday somewhere in early April. To make sure that I never forgot his birthday, I chose April 2 (my half birthday) as the day we would celebrate.


Yesterday, Soth went to the vet for his annual check up. I knew today was his birthday, but as I looked at the paperwork, I realized that today he was turning eight! How did that happen? On one hand, it feels like he's always been with me, but on the other hand, it seems like just yesterday I was driving to Santa Fe to pick him out.

He is the very best snuggler and an even better reading buddy.


He's my favorite fella to soak up the sun with.



And as he's matured, he's even been thoughtful enough to offer to help with chores.



I have never been been a cat person, but I am 100% a this cat person. I love you more than rainbows, my sweet, sweet Soth, and hope you have many, many more happy birthdays.





10 comments:

  1. He sounds very content! Happy Birthday, Soth, from all of us!
    Jan & the crew at Wag n Woof Pets

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! He is more content than he's been in years!

      Delete
  2. Happy birthday, Soth! He seems lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! He is a lovely kitty! (Although he does his best to hide that side of him!)

      Delete
  3. Soth looks like a real sweetie.

    I sometimes think about getting a cat for the boat. But it would have to be just the right cat. Looks like you found just the right friend for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He'll never forgive me if he finds out I made people think he's sweet! He likes to put on a tough front.

      Part of me is rooting for you to get a boat cat so I can read even more fun adventures about boat life (and one of the pet mystery series I read has a cat that lives on a house boat, so I'm really fascinated with the idea of a boat cat!). But I totally know what you mean about needing to find the right cat--I was very picky about picking Soth out.

      Delete
  4. Happy, happy belated birthday, Bun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He hopes Maddux had an equally happy birthday, too!

      Delete