Friday, April 22, 2016

The Best Things In Life

Recently, I realized that all of the very best things in life start with B.

Last weekend, it was finally warm enough for us to take advantage of many of my favorite things all at once: beer, baseball, and Barley in the backyard!

Is there anything better than drinking a beer and watching a ball game with your BFF on the back porch?

Beer is even better when it has a sense of humor.

Barley is loving having a backyard as much as I am. Even though we don't have a fence yet, there are only dogs on one side of our yard and they have a big fence, so we can use our 50-foot long line to toss balls around in the yard. Barley isn't really a fetching dog. She prefers to chase a ball, then nudge it with her nose or throw it up in the air herself, so we have lots of strangely shaped balls that are more enjoyable for her. We have one with feet and one shaped like a frog that has nubby eyes and feet sticking off of it and they both bounce in unexpected ways instead of just rolling on a straight line.


I'm also falling more in love with my basement every day, especially my basement dog shower that we tried out for the first time last weekend, so that's another pretty excellent B word.


Wait, bath starts with B and that's not one of the best things.

While Soth doesn't start with B, his nickname is Bunny, so he still counts.


And so do actual the actual bunnies that frolic in our backyard every night.


Barking also starts with B. That's a great thing, right?
My birthday buddy also pointed out that both of our names--Ben and Beth--start with B as well and then my brother pointed out that his name--also Ben--starts with B, so I'm pretty sure that's all the proof we need that the very best things in life start with the letter B.

14 comments:

  1. LOL you have a lot of good B words in your life. Last weekend was sure beautiful. Glad you are enjoying your yard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brown dawgs also start with B--even more good things :) Last weekend was awesome--I hope that weather sticks around for a while.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. That one is especially awesome since it has 4 B's when you add our names in :)

      Delete
  3. This is such a cute post! There are a lot of things with B's that I like, too... Like Bacon and blackberries! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe I left bacon off the list!

      Delete
  4. I'd say the B's have it! I prefer wine over beer, and Nascar over baseball, but enjoying your backyard with whatever your favorites are always sounds the Best to me!
    That basement shower really is awesome!
    Jan, Wag 'n Woof Pets

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those things are definitely pretty awesome, too! The basement shower is fantastic--it was so great to be able to just toss on some workout clothes, take down the showerhead/hose thing, and have both of us walk right in. Barley's belly has never been so well rinsed!

      Delete
  5. All those B's! That sounds sweet, relaxing in the yard with your BFF! It's still too cold and snowy here for that so we'll live vicariously through you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not convinced we're done with snow yet here, either, but we are taking advantage of the warmer weather while we can!

      Delete
  6. Wow, a yard AND a dog shower! Color us jealous over here! After some major spring snow storms, I think we might finally be moving into spring. This weekend was gorgeous and Ruby even got some Frisbee time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't even know a dog shower was something I needed until I found this house--now I don't know why any house would come without one. I'm so glad you've finally gotten a little bit of spring! I hope that it sticks around for you!

      Delete
  7. I think a dog shower is pretty cool. We have one of those. It's on our deck and we call it a hose. ;-) Siriusly, we do have a tub I use (inside) when I bathe the dogs, and I just recently bought a dog shower head for it. My logistics at this point is getting Sampson in the tub. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We didn't have a hose at our apartment, but we've used the outdoor shower at Barley's grandparents' house in good weather ;) Barley isn't really a fan of hanging out outside unless we're walking, though, so she tends to get much more panicky with the hose than she ever did in our tub at the apartment. The best part about this shower is that she can just walk straight in--no lifting required!

      Delete