Thursday, May 12, 2016

Two Good Pets

When I was growing up, any time my siblings and I asked my mom what she wanted for a gift-giving holiday, she'd always respond with "Three good kids."

Although I will say things like "Come sit by your mama" to Barley and Soth, I don't actually consider myself a mother and think that Mother's Day is all about celebrating my mom and has nothing to do with celebrating me. However, Barley and Soth must have been talking to their grandma because on Mother's Day, I got two good pets.

It was a beautiful, sunshiny day, so while I worked on grading, I left the font door open so they pets could watch the world go by through the storm door.

My heart melted when I looked over and saw Soth sleeping with one of his paws on top of Barley's paws.


They stayed that way most of the afternoon--occasionally shifting positions to stay in the sunlight.


5 years ago, I never would have thought that they'd spend a lazy Sunday afternoon together and it was lovely to see. My siblings and I always got my mom something material--usually books or chocolate, I think--but I can only hope that at least once my siblings and I gave my mom what she really wanted because two good pets really was a gift.

12 comments:

  1. That is SO sweet. S&D rarely touch so when they do, it melts my heart. And I also snap a picture! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! You HAVE to get photographic evidence of those nice moments.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. They can be sweet when they want to be--and I have the photographic evidence to prove it if they ever try to deny it ;)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you! I was impressed with how sweet they were being to each other.

      Delete
  4. What a perfect Mother's Day gift! I just love it when our crew snuggles together.
    Jan, Wag n Woof Pets

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think my darlings would probably snuggle more, but they know that if they do, it's going to cause me to break out the camera because I can't resist a good picture of them being sweet together!

      Delete
  5. Haha, eh, maybe now she gets it? Poor Mama!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, now that none of us are home on Mother's Day?

      Delete
  6. That is so sweet and adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have their sweet moments ;)

      Delete