Thursday, November 24, 2016

Happy Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving preparations are extra easy this year. For Thanksgiving, it's just me and my sister--she doesn't really like turkey, so we're having chicken pot pie instead and the recipe I use is the best when it's frozen first, so I made the mini pot pies a few weeks ago and just have to pop them in the oven. We have a tradition of crockpot meals for Thanksgiving, so I'm trying a new crockpot mac and cheese recipe that requires minimal effort. All that leaves for me to do tomorrow is some easy bacon asparagus wraps.

I got turkey toys for Barley, Rye, and their cousin Maddux and we thought we were all set. Then our friends at Chewy.com sent us a package of Merrick's Thanksgiving Day Dinner! Now that Foster Pup Sal is in his forever home, wet food is just a special treat here--and I can't think of a better occasion for a special treat than Thanksgiving. 


Rye isn't a picky eater, but she's a distracted eater, so I let her be our official taste tester for these cans ahead of time. Rye likes her food, but if Soth walks by the room or a car starts outside or I open a door or she catches sight of a toy, she'll wander away from her bowl mid-meal to play instead. 


Merrick is a brand we really love at our house and we use a lot of their treats and some of their seasonal recipes for fun meals. It seemed like the perfect topper to give Rye to get her a little more excited about meal time.


Thanksgiving Day Dinner has great ingredients like Deboned Turkey, Turkey Broth, Chicken, Sweet Potato, Carrots, Green Beans, Apples, and Peas to name a few--lots of great fall ingredients (and a little overlap to what my sister and I will be eating in pot pie!).


Rye was happy to dig in when I offered her a spoonful, so I think she's going to be thrilled when she sees some on top of her breakfast tomorrow morning. Barley and Maddux live to eat, so I know they'll be happy with a little something special later in the day, too.

We hope that all of you have a day filled with family and good food! Happy Thanksgiving!

DisclaimerWe were provided with a case of Merrick Thanksgiving Day Dinner  from Chewy.com in exchange for our honest review, but all opinions are my own and we only share information we think is relevant and valuable to our readers. Chewy.com is not responsible for the content of this post. 




10 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving to you. The Merrick food sounds super yummy and so does the people food. We are home this year for the first time in years. That means internet. :) We will go out to eat with family today but I do not want to miss out on turkey so I will make a small one tomorrow at the cabin. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you had a wonderful post-Thanksgiving turkey :) I put in a request for a turkey at Christmas when we visit my parents!

      Delete
  2. Your Thanksgiving sounds perfect to me! While we don't stay home for dinner, we only have to travel a few miles to my brother's, so the crew doesn't have too much time home alone. I made their special meal topper ahead of time too (truth is they've been eating it all week). :)
    Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family - enjoy your day!
    Jan & the crew at Wag 'n Woof Pets

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rye got to try the Thanksgiving Day Dinner a couple days early, too :) Hope you had a wonderful time with your family!

      Delete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving! Potpie sounds really good. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use the Pioneer Woman's recipe and it's amazing!

      Delete
  4. Merrick wet food is always perfect for special occasions! Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you had a wonderful thanksgiving, too!

      Delete
  5. It was such a great Thanksgiving! That mac n cheese was SO good!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think Maddux ever got his special food!

      Delete