Thursday, December 15, 2016

Curing the Oldest Sibling Blues with Wellness Kittles

With so much of the day being dedicated to training Rye and training Barley and Rye together, Soth's not getting as much attention as he's used to. He's pretty independent and as long as he has food, he doesn't ask for much, but I feel bad that he isn't getting quite as much snuggle time, especially since Rye has eliminated afternoon naps. As the oldest of three siblings, I know the struggle Soth is having (he should just be glad he doesn't have to chauffeur anyone to and from baseball practice!).

cat in dog bed
Don't worry, I'll just steal Barley's bed.

When our friends at Chewy.com asked us if we wanted to review Wellness Kittles cat treats, I jumped on the opportunity. Kittles are Soth's favorite snack. For a long time, Kittles only came in three flavors: chicken and cranberries, tuna and cranberries, and salmon and cranberries. I try to limit Soth's seafood intake because he seems to have fewer problems with his FLUTD when he eats less seafood, but he also likes variety, so we didn't have many options before. Recently, Wellness added three new flavors to their Kittles line up: duck and cranberries, turkey and cranberries, and whitefish and cranberries. I was so excited that Soth has more non-seafood options!

He was not happy I was taking a picture instead of dispersing Kittles.

Chewy.com sent us a package of duck and cranberries Kittles to review and it's safe to say that Soth likes these just as much as the chicken ones. He couldn't wait to dig in--he chooses his breakfast each morning by rubbing up on the can he wants when I hold out two flavors; he immediately rubbed on the package of Kittles. We had many photo bloopers while trying to take a picture because he kept rubbing on the package and knocking it over!

cat rubbing on wellness kittles

One of my favorite things about them is the calorie count. They have less than two calories per treat. Soth also has fewer problems with FLUTD when he is at a lower weight, but he gets hangry and when he's hangry, he's destructive. If he needs a snack between meal times, I don't have to worry about giving him a few Kittles to tide him over.

Wellness Kittles

There are also a lot of treats in each package. The Chewy.com website says there are over 150 treats per package. I haven't ever counted them, but these packages last Soth a long time when he gets 5-7 treats a day.


The ingredients are ingredients that I trust. The first ingredient in the treats is duck. Cranberries are also good for bladder health--even though they are 7th on the ingredient list, every little bit of extra bladder health support Soth can get is good in my book.

The company cares. Wellness not only cares about their customers, but they also care about giving back. Between Dec. 1-Dec. 19, for every Wellness product purchased at Chewy.com, Wellness donates a pet food meal to the Jackson Galaxy Foundation to feed pets in need. Even better, for every Chewy Influencer that chose to review a Wellness product, Wellness donated 5 cases of food!! 

It's rare for me to place a Chewy.com order without including at least one package of Kittles. Now that we have more flavors to choose from, Soth will be even more excited to see Chewy.com packages showing up on the front step!

Cat on top of Chewy.com Box

There are still a few days left to help Wellness help shelter pets, so be sure to add a package of Wellness cat or dog treats or food to your cart today. 

10 comments:

  1. Samantha says that dogs are so much more NEEDY than cats, so sometimes the cats can feel a bit neglected. I have the same guilt even though Sam is very independent. We love Wellness and we love Chewy so we're going to have to order some of these for her!
    Jan, Wag 'n Woof Pets

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The dogs have definitely needed me more than Soth has lately! He's been sure to let me know by knocking things around when he thought his bowl had been empty too long. I hope Sam loves the Kittles!

      Delete
  2. Glad that Bun is getting some extra love with his kittles :) Can't wait to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know that food = love in this family ;)

      Delete
  3. He's so handsome! I think Salem would like to try those treats. I'll have to grab her some!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Soth thinks that sounds like an excellent plan!

      Delete
  4. Our kitties get the shaft a lot. Mom was a total cat person, until she got her first dog when she slowly switched to a total dog person. She can't imagine life without cats, but we dogs get much more attention! I think all kitties would love these treats as much as your kitty and ours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have always been a dog person, but I got Soth when that was all I could convince my landlord to let me have. When I first got Soth, we watched Marley & Me a few days later and I sobbed and told Soth I'd never love him as much as I loved a dog (which is probably a lie), so he's been prepared for this from early on in our relationship ;)

      Delete