Tuesday, January 3, 2017

The Day My Life Changed Forever

A new year always brings the expectation of some changes. Adding a new pet to the family also always brings change. But six years ago, when I walked into the APL and saw a border collie mix named Maria, my life changed in unimaginable ways.

My home decor changed a lot, too.
There's not much to say today that I haven't already said before (like here and here), but letting the day pass without acknowledgement just wouldn't do.


It's hard to remember life before Barley. Like Miley Cyrus, she came in like a wrecking ball and there are very few parts of my previous life that are still standing--and my world is better for it.

I love you, my Barley girl. Here's to many more years of adventure.

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! It gets harder to be eloquent each year!

      Delete
  2. You and Barley are made for each other. I think you challenge each other and you both need that! Great story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We both definitely needed each other. I always feel like you and your mom are made for each other, too, when I read about your noseworks adventures!

      Delete
  3. I bursted out in tears when reading "Like Miley Cyrus, she came in like a wrecking ball" - hahahaha! Great reference Beth :D

    On a serious note it's wonderful to see you loving your dog so much. As Emma said - I think you're made for each other!

    /Adam - The Doggy Institute

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you appreciated that ;) Billy Ray was my first celebrity crush, so I have a soft spot for Miley!

      Delete
  4. Yay for you and yay for Barley. Happy Gotcha Day (a day late) Barley, what a happily ever after you are having.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's hard to remember what life looked like without her.

      Delete
  5. This is so sweet! Dogs truly do change our lives - for the better, in spite of challenges - don't they? Eventually we can't remember what it was like without them, and don't want to either. ♥
    Jan, Wag 'n Woof Pets

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, even with all of the challenges we've had, every minute has been worth it.

      Delete