Saturday, April 22, 2017

Silly Technology

This has been one of those weeks when technology has not been on my good side. A memo that was supposed to go out about a meeting went out with a date from a meeting we had over a year ago instead of the new date (despite our administrative assistant showing me the file she sent to the printer with the correct date). The internet didn't want to cooperate while I was trying to put the finishing touches on a Prezi presentation the night before I needed it. It's been one of those weeks when I've felt like life would be a lot easier if we just stuck to chalk and blackboards.

Despite all of the technological struggles I've had, this week I also had a funny moment.


My phone has an album where it organizes pictures by people's faces. I never open this album because I rarely take pictures of people (other than my selfies with the pets), so I don't need that search option. The other day, though, I noticed that it said two people were flagged in my pictures--I knew I hadn't taken pictures with any other humans, so I was curious.

When I saw it had flagged Soth as a person, I laughed. And, of course, I added his cute little face to my list of favorite people's faces.

Does he look more human than usual here? 

Soth is glad that he's finally being recognized as the king he is.


And Barley is determined to give the camera all of her very best smiles until it recognizes her as a person, too.

13 comments:

  1. This reminds me of the time when Facebook did a thing - something like "Who's your doppelganger?". It searched friends photos and came up with my sister. That would make sense, except when it put our photos side by side, my profile photo was of our golden retriever Sheba! LOL. Well, they are both blondes!
    Jan, Wag 'n Woof Pets

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Well, I've only seen pictures of Sheba looking beautiful, so I think anyone should feel flattered to be her doppelganger :)

      Delete
  2. Mom says technology is awesome, unless it doesn't work, then it is her worst nightmare!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree :) I was definitely not happy when I wasn't sure my presentation was going to be finished on time! But thankfully this incident was a pretty funny one.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Moments like this are probably why he has such a big head ;)

      Delete
  4. Technology can be a real bummer, for sure. Sometimes, when I'm typin' my blog posts and stuff, my claws slip right off the keys.

    But on the other paw, it's kinda hard to write with pencils or chalk when you're a kitty and don't have opposeable thumbs.

    MOUSES!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Us humans do take our thumbs for granted!

      Delete
  5. Maybe cats have "adjusted" the algorithms? We know who's the king of your house ;) Thank you for linking up to the showcase!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure if anybody was going to adjust the algorithms, it would be cats! Poor Barley doesn't stand a shot at being included in the people album ;)

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you! They are a handful sometimes, but they keep me laughing :)

      Delete
  7. Cats get all the attention, don't they. Hold out for it Barley, it just has to happen!

    ReplyDelete