Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Snacks Worth Stealing

Peanuts have been a favorite snack in my family for as long as I can remember. One of my earliest memories is of making peanut butter in pre-school after we'd gotten a few bushels of peanuts from somewhere. One of Barley's favorite activities when we visit her grandparents is waiting by the pantry for someone to grab a handful of peanuts to see if one or two might make their way into her mouth.

When our friends at Chewy.com sent us a bag of peanut flavored Earthborn Holistic EarthBites, I knew the girls would be excited--I didn't know that they'd be so good that they'd turn my mischievous puppy into a thief.

From the minute I brought the bag out, Rye was focused on them. She was out in the yard playing when Barley and I came out to take some pictures and as soon soon as the bag rustled, she tore across the yard and skidded to a stop at my feet.

Barley hopped right up onto the patio furniture ready to pose with the bag. Rye bounced from couch to chair to table to couch making sure that the bag didn't get away from her.




What makes these treats so appealing? These treats are packed with high-quality ingredients like peanuts, peas, apples, blueberries, carrots, and spinach. They also have some honey and maple syrup to give them a little something extra. They have Omega-6 and Omega-3 fatty acids to help support a healthy coat and skin and for pups that have grain sensitivities, they're grain free. Rye couldn't wait to gobble them up.

While I was trying to take a picture of their size, Rye jumped to the table to gobbled up the treats I'd laid out and then grabbed the open bag from the table and took off into the middle of the yard.



Thankfully, another great benefit of these treats is that they break up into smaller pieces, so I traded Rye several small pieces that I still had in my hand for the rest of the bag. She was more than willing to come back to the porch to finish taking pictures and hopefully get a chance to get a few more treats. Each treat has about 5 calories per treat, but since they're easy to break up, you can get several treats for just a few calories.

Barley loved them, too, but years of self-control practice made her reaction to the treats a little more reserved.

In addition to having ingredients your dogs will love and being easy to break up for training, Earthborn is also committed to taking care of the environment. They have a UPCs for Trees program where you can save your UPCs from Earthborn products and send them in and a tree will be planted somewhere around the world. Four UPCs from treat bags will plant one tree or one UPC from a 28-pound bag of dog food will plant a tree. 

These treats were a big hit with all three of us, so we'll definitely be adding a few bags of these to our next Chewy order (because unlike Rye, I am more than happy to pay for good quality snacks instead of stealing them)! 

Disclaimer: We were provided with one bag of Earthborn EarthBites in exchange for our honest review as part of the #ChewyInfluencer program through Chewy.com. All opinions are our own. 




12 comments:

  1. I like the sounds of this brand! Luke has been obsessed with a bag of treats I brought home from the conference. I left them in the entryway behind a closed door and he keeps camping out by the door hoping to get to them! :)
    Jan, Wag 'n Woof Pets

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We bought a few other flavors--lamb and cheese--and those were equally popular around here. I can't believe you'd hide new treats from sweet Luke! ;)

      Delete
  2. They must be tasty if she was willing to steal for them! Way to go Rye!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was definitely pretty pleased with herself! Barley never minds when Rye steals bags, either, since she usually leaves a trail behind her for Barley to eat ;)

      Delete
  3. Oh Rye, don't you just love a dog with that type of enthusiasm? I've been told those bags are also recyclable. At least at my local Agway store!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to look into that! I need to remember to cut off the UPC codes so I can send them in to get trees planted, too!

      Delete
  4. Peanut butter is popular in this house too! I'll have to keep an eye out for these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They come in other flavors, too, and Barley and Rye think the lamb and the cheese ones are just as tasty :)

      Delete
  5. I bet brown dawgs would like those.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that any dog would love those!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so, too! It's even nicer when the human family members can feel good about them, too :)

      Delete