Thursday, July 20, 2017

Snacks Made for Sharing from Chewy.com

From the moment our #ChewyInfluencer package arrived this month, Rye was trying to sink her teeth into it. She was not amused when I told her that we had to take some pictures before she could try them.


This month, our friends at Chewy.com sent us a bag of Caru Soft 'n Tasty Baked Bites in their duck recipe. The girls knew right away that these were going to be tasty and based on the packaging, I was sure the girls would love them, too, because according to the description on the back Caru means "to love" in Welsh.

The treats are small squares and are made of high quality ingredients like duck, cranberries, and blueberries. 



Each square contains 14 calories, but they easily break up into smaller pieces, which makes them perfect for training. I was able to break them into at least 4 pieces and even had some luck breaking a few squares into 6 (with two dogs, you always have to have even numbers!).

Rye was so excited to dive in that her tail kept making the curtains move.

The treats were a little dryer than I expected from the word soft in their name, so there was a definite snapping sound when I broke them up, but they weren't crumbly at all. I stuck a few squares in my pocket before we headed out for our walk and there were no crumbs in my pocket when we got home.

Another great feature of the Caru Soft 'n Tasty treats is that in addition to the duck recipe, there are several other proteins available, including rabbit, wild boar, and alligator, so there's something for every dog!

Barley and Rye think these treats are the perfect treats for sisters to share--but they'd probably both prefer to keep the whole bag to themselves. These treats will definitely be finding their way into our future Chewy.com orders!

Disclaimer: We were provided one page of Caru Soft 'n Tasty treats in the duck recipe in exchange for our honest review as part of the #ChewyInfluencer program.





7 comments:

  1. The ingredients sound perfectly delicious and nutritious! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The girls definitely think they are delicious and I'm pleased with how nutritious they are!

      Delete
  2. We've had the baked bites before and really like them! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The girls have definitely enjoyed them! We only have a couple pieces left and the girls don't know why they aren't gone yet :)

      Delete
  3. I love these treats with the unique proteins! I'm pretty sure we've tried these, but I don't remember which flavor. We'll have to look for them when we do our next order.
    Jan, Wag 'n Woof Pets

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's fun finding new proteins, too! I never let the girls have chicken treats unless it's from a brand I know and trust really, really well, so sometimes I feel like they're always getting the same proteins over and over again, so having unique options helps keep things exciting :)

      Delete
    2. I avoid most things chicken too! In fact, about the only time these guys get chicken is when I cook it for them. I do make the occasional exception for brands we trust too though.

      Delete