Friday, September 1, 2017

Apples Aren't Just for Teachers with Blue Buffalo Apple Orchard Clusters

In the 9 years I've been teaching, I've never been given an apple by a student, yet I still think of apples as a back-to-school symbol. Chewy.com sent us a package of Blue Buffalo Earth's Essentials Apple Orchard Clusters in Cranberry Crunch flavor just in time for my first week back to school.


These treats seem like perfect fall snacks for pups. They look like granola clusters and only have five ingredients: apples, cranberries, yogurt, flaxseed, and apple pulp. With a list like that, I have no worries about what I'm giving the girls! There are other flavors--blueberry and pomegranate--as well, but Soth's urinary issues have given me a complex and I'm always drawn to cranberry flavored treats to give the pets a little extra urinary health boost. 


The girls only get crunchy treats when they go into their crates when I leave the house. These treats definitely have a good crunch to them! Even though they're on the smaller, when the girls started chewing them, it sounded just like someone was biting into a good, crunchy apple.


Rye was so excited about the treats that she couldn't wait long enough for me to take a picture before she dug in.


Our only problem with these treats is that the bags are small, so when I have to use two of them every day, the bag will be gone in no time. With a short ingredient list and the enthusiasm the girls had for these, I think that's a problem we can live with. These were a hit and we'll definitely add them to our list of "crate treats." 

Disclaimer: We were provided one bag of Blue Buffalo Earth Essentials Apple Orchard Clusters from Chewy.com as part of the #ChewyInfluencer program in exchange for our honest review. 

4 comments:

  1. These look yummy! This time of year I'm always drawn to anything apple or pumpkin related! I think cranberry is a great addition to these, and I love the simple ingredients.
    Jan, Wag 'n Woof Pets

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do look really good--I've been tempted to try one because the look like real human snack bites! But the bag is small, so I'll leave them all to the girls ;)

      Delete
  2. Lots of friends reviewed these this month, and they look so good! Enjoy! I don't think you really want an apple from a student anyway. Bailie likes to give her instructors huggles in an attempt to be the teacher's pet :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The girls think they are delicious! And we have a lot of orchards around here, so I would open to an apple from a student (but they already know chocolate is my real weakness).

      Delete